Friday, February 24, 2012

Death to Diapers - Day 5

Schedule of Activity

I took some advice from friends, Jackie and Analisa; today we went bare-bummed. The only times she's ever asked to use the potty happened while she was sporting her birthday suit, so this approach seemed totally logical. Would the air breezing around tush remind her she's NOT wearing a diaper. Read on to find out!

7:30am
          Diaper OFF and NO panties.

8:00am
          Little piddle on our dirt-colored couch. Meh.

10:00am
          We're playing on the bed and she gets off and says, "oh no, poo poo". I pick her up to see a few droplets on the carpet and rush her to the potty. I start reading to her. Twenty seconds pass and a colossal amount of urine starts pouring out of her. I clap and shriek with excitement. We high five and I  give her a dose of her drug of choice - 3 M&Ms.

12-1:45pm
          Errands in a diaper.

2:00pm
          Stop at friend Daisy's for visit and play with bff Elina.

3:00pm
          She dunks her first POO IN THE POTTY, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!! How it happened? After seeing Elina on the tiny potty, she urgently voiced a need to poo. I took her up in my arms and dashed to the b-room, plopping her down. Two seconds later, I saw it in the water. Curiously, I noticed two dime-sized spots of something on my arm. Nooooooo! Prairie doggin' poo! Bummer, but worth it to see her first Toilet Turd.

3:30pm
          Playing outside, cookin' up mud soup. She and I simultaneously notice pee descending her leg. She looks at me and whines, "poo pooooo." Clearly, poo poo means anything.

6:00-7:00pm
          We head home with a diapered bum. There's some mean business that took place in there after we get home. Also notice she feels unusually hot. Thermometer reads 102.3.  : (

8:00pm
          Head hits the pillow.

I'd say a day of potty progress, though really sucks she has a fever.
       

       




2 comments:

  1. I love reading your potty progress!! I'm too chicken (er, too lazy?) to give Max full blown training attention, but then I don't have the motivation of another one coming along. Hope Sofie is feeling better and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Susie! Yeah, we've sort of moved to potty training 75% of the day. It's too hard to stay home all the time and follow her around the house. Progress will be slower, but I'm okay with that. She's feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete