Monday, August 1, 2011

Slow it Down!

June 26, 2011

She’s growing too fast, I can't stand it. Her life is flashing before my eyes, I want to slow it down so I can take a picture every millisecond and record every new word and every new action she does. Everyone says these moments are numbered. I've heard stuff like, "You can't shut them up once they start talking." Really?? I mean maybe, but I see that as such an awesome milestone - being able to hold a conversation or just talk to themselves in coherent sentences instead of babble? Their imagination is on fire!

Sofie can swim three feet underwater by herself. We still need video, it’s so incredible how fast she's progressed. It's been less than a month since our first swim lesson. She’s a little over confident in the water, though - jumping toward us from the first step, not waiting for us to be ready to catch her. I fear a face plant onto the second stair-step, so I hope and pray she learns soon and safely.

She’s starting to imitate me in things I wear or accessorize with. My hair ties, for example. She grabs them off my wrist so she can wear them on hers. Then, walking over to my shoes, she asks, "Shoes?". as she tries to step in. She picks up my tanktop from the floor, looks at it, and puts a strap around her neck. Now, she's sporting a cumbersome necklace around the house for 20 minutes.

I hope I never forget these little events. Hell, I know I will. That's what the blog is for!

No comments:

Post a Comment