Monday, August 1, 2011

Hiding Places, Naps, Travels

July 1, 2011

Yesterday I found avocado slices in the pots n’ pans cupboard. Part of me wants to teach her that’s not where avocado goes, but most of me smiles and loves how she’s exploring new places to put old things. Though, I'd hate to find a piece of chicken in a cranny somewhere, left for the flies and... my most feared pest - maggots. Cockroaches are nothing compared to maggots.

Two days ago, she walked to the back of the hall toward her room and gestured toward it, crying. I was in the kitchen and asked, “What’s wrong, Sof?” What is it?” More crying.. then in the middle of sobs, “nap?” First time she asked to nap, I was so blown away! Self diagnosing AND communicating it to me? Big step!

We’re planning our trip back home to OR and Sof’s gonna go to the beach for the first time! And ride in a boat for the first time! And go on a nature walk! All the stuff we read about together and the illustrations she sees, she'll get to see in real life! I'm really excited about all those "clicks" that will happen in her little brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment